Saturday, August 1, 2015

La Corte

Location: La Corte

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  2000 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Salad, soup, bread, carbonara, mini creme brulee (set meal)
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Outside

La Corte is a fancyish Italian restaurant with a courtyard (thus the name) that my wife and I had eaten at once before.  I recall it being good.  Last night I arrived and was unable to sit in the air conditioned area due to a large party being present.  So I sweated it out in the courtyard.

The prices are a bit high, so I went for a set course, which in retrospect was a mistake.  But oh well.   Carbonara is usually a safe bet, so I went for that for the pasta.

Honestly, it was all pretty meh, especially for the price.  And portion size was smaller than usual.  I'm willing to forgive high prices and portions if the flavor is amazing, but such was not the case here.

Compared with the Piacere that I ate at the other night, this place didn't hold a candle.  Still, it's a nice "date place" so we might be back again someday.






No comments:

Post a Comment