Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Kushimichi

Location: Kushimichi

Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  3000 yen  (estimate)
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes:Various yakitori
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes

Kushimichi is a higher class yakitori izakaya located on the corner next to Pepper Lunch.  The "sumiyaki" in the description means "charcoal cooked".  Since I had some collared greens at home that I'd picked up at Nawlins earlier, I didn't mind eating a pure meat dinner.  I ordered several different items and overall it was really good!  The best part was the nice English menu that made ordering a breeze.  I also tried a soba shochu (meh) and another rice shochu (great!), but I tried to pull that off the price above.  They also take credit cards.  Overall I think I enjoyed this yakitori spot more than others, so I'll bumpt it up to a Very Good.  As usual with sushi or yakitori, it's easier to just let the pictures speak for themselves:






Cabbage with a light vinagrette and grated daikon

Chicken thigh and miso pork

tsukune (minced chicken) and egg yolk

Cheese stuff shitake mushrooms (meh)

Shredded shiso on tsukune

Garlic liver...yum!

Bacon (?) wrapped asparagus

No comments:

Post a Comment