Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jai Kalika

Location: Jai Kalika

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price: 2000 yen (for some reason they undercharged us by about 1000 yen but wouldn't let us pay the full amount)
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No (but pretty sure someone was smoking in the kitchen


So this review used be for "Everest Indian Curry House" which was purchased by another Indian restaurant group in town (of the never open "Kalika" fame) and my wife and I had reason to eat dinner near the hospital the other night (long story), so we decided to give this place a try.

All of the food.

They proudly declare that they are an Indian Nepali Restaurant.  Of interest is the lack of any biryani on the menu.  Also, they have (a first in Yokosuka so far as I know) Indian curry udon noodles.  I'm not super fond of Japanese curry udon, but I quite liked the thought of Indian curry on udon noodles, so I ordered one.  It came with a piece of naan and a piece of chicken tikka.  My wife got a keema curry set with rice.  They were also willing to make me a salty lassi which was quite tasty.

My wife's keema was a bit sweet (as was the naan).  My curry udon was well spiced, but still with that undercurrent of sweetness.  I had a scallop curry and the scallops were pretty good.  The tikka was very nice.  Overall it was just an Ok place, but notable for their innovative udon dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment