Sunday, August 16, 2015

Tondeji

Location: Tondeji

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price: 1630 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Spicy beef, kimchi and rice
English Menu: No
Smoking:No

Mmmm...kimbap is always good, shoulda ordered some
Tondeji is a small Korean restaurant that's down a small alley (full of other restaurants BTW).  I had eaten there a couple of times before, but had not yet reviewed it.  It's right across the street from the new Bravo Yokosuka, so prior to having my (starting to become regular) Friday night shisha, I popped in for dinner.








The little tsukemono dishes were good
Tondeji is typical of "japanified" Korean restaurants with the standard dishes (bibimbap, bulgogi) plus some interestingish ones (kimbap, which I usually get, but not this time).  I was not super hungry so I decided to try something new and pointed to something that looked like it had chilies in it.  Sure enough, it was marinated beef with spicy chilies and was tasty enough, if small.  I had to order some kimchi and rice to go with it (they don't seem to do the sets).  Having to order kimchi is irritating to me at a Korean restaurant...it should be a given and free IMO.

This place is ok, and my opinion hasn't changed after this third visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment