Sunday, August 30, 2015

Bentendo

Location: Bentendo

Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 3000 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Ginger pork and sashimi teishoku, karaage (fried chicken bits) and hamburg teishoku
English Menu: No
Smoking: No

My son and I went to church together this morning leaving my wife with a cold at home.  Since I am not tearing down after church we were able to get into a restaurant at the mall before they all became full for lunch time.










We just picked the next one in line that I hadn't reviewed yet.  It's called Bentendo and it appears to be a clean mall take on an izakaya.  They had some teishokus and then a bunch of little dishes that you could pick a few items from to make a teishoku.  I just pointed at one of the main teishokus and then tried to cobble something together that my son might like, picking out the ginger pork and some sashimi.  It came with rice and miso so I knew he'd like that if nothing else.

Luckily he did like the ginger pork and even though he didn't care for the sashimi I was able to eat it up.  Turns out I ordered a karaage and hamburg teishoku.  It was pretty good, not great though.

Overall I wasn't too impressed and like most of the mall restaurants this one gets an Ok.


Hamburg and karaage















Ginger pork and sashimi

No comments:

Post a Comment