Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Yokosuka Navy Curry Shop

Location: Yokosuka Navy Curry Shop

Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  1030 yen
Payment: Cash only (I think)
Dishes: Beef dry curry rice
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:No

Located right next to Gyorantei, a seafood restaurant, the Yokosuka Navy Curry Shop is a sort of "official" location to get your curry fix in Yokosuka.  It's one of many (almost every) restaurants that serve curry, but it is one of the few that specialize in it.  Definitely not a CoCo's, this place is a one of a kind restaurant with a quirky personality and lots of British old-timey navy decor.  I don't think it's the best curry in town, but it's decent, and they have some interesting options you won't see elsewhere, such as spicy garlic squid ink curry (you better believe I've had that before) and lobster curry (a bit rich for my taste, but someday).

Dry curry
Tonight I ordered the beef dry curry rice, as I wasn't in the mood for sauciness. I was a bit disappointed in it, as the flavors weren't very intense and it was indeed quite dry.  A fried egg with soft yolk would have gone perfectly on top.  But it was satisfying enough and the shop overall merits an Ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment