Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tenpu

Location: Tenpu


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner for 3
Price:  2300 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Kare Udon, Kara Age, Chahan
English Menu: No
Smoking: No


天風 (or Tenpu) is the name of a restaurant that's actually inside of an onsen.  Onsens are an entirely different post, but suffice it to say that there is a nice one down the road from us and my wife suggested we all go down as a family the other night.  So we had dinner at the restaurant there as well.




My wife had the kara age teishoku (ginger fried chicken), and I had the kareudon (japanese curry udon) teishoku.  I don't usually care for udon dishes, but I realized that I've never eaten a kare udon before so I figured I'd give it a try.  My son had the chahan (fried rice).










The options at this place are pretty much all standard japanese fare, nothing is really great.  But the great thing is that when go into the onsen, they give you a barcode for your wrist and you can scan this barcode anytime you want to buy something extra, like your meal, a bottle of milk, or that extra pair of underwear since you forgot to bring a clean pair to change into (actually happened once).  It's also a pretty cheap meal if you stick to the standard dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment