Thursday, April 23, 2015

Ducky Duck

Location: Ducky Duck

***Update 3/29/2019***
Daie/Aeon mall is now closed!!
********************
Rating: Not great
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  1500 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes:  Gochisou (feast) Pizza
English Menu:No
Smoking: No

Ducky Duck is an odd...place.  The last restaurant on the 2nd floor dining area of Daie mall that I will be reviewing, I've only eaten there once before.  It's  got a very prominent cake making area and a huge case of cakes.  They advertise being all about pasta and cake, but they also have omu rice and curry.

The last thing I had was a pasta dish and it was not impressive.  So this time I decided to go all out and get the gochisou pizza.  This translates to a Pizza Feast!  It's a 28cm pizza covered in processed cheese with a mound of salad topped by thinly sliced raw ham.  Looked pretty good, so I went for it even though it was pretty spendy at 1500 yen and way too much food for one person, but I was hungry!


It was pretty good, for a Japanese pizza.  Probably one of the cheaper options here in Japan.  Something like that would cost about 4000 yen from Domino's.  But still...not very good.  It was lacking in flavor, and there was nothing on the table to help (not even a salt shaker).  I don't think I'll be back any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment