Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sumo

Location: Sumo

Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 11 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Avocado and tuna salad, crazy insane sushi roll
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


I know I said I wouldn't eat any Japanese food while here, but really, you can't get the crazy rolls in Japan, so they don't count.  I heard that Sumo was a decent middle ground in terms of quality/price here and there is one just outside the US Navy Base on Al Shebab Avenue/American Alley.


It looks like they have virtually no seating, but there is an upstairs which is nice enough.  I just couldn't resist the avocado tuna salad (just chunks of avocado and raw tuna with a sauce to pour over).  It was pretty darn good.  And I ended up ordering the "roll of the month" which was some crazy amalgamation of salmon, cream cheese, avocado, another fish on top with tobiko and wakame.  Oh and spicy mayonnaise *plus* sweet sauce sprayed everywhere.  It was crazy, and good.  Definitely the opposite of "delicate" Japanese sensibilities.


The prices were pretty high though, so I'm dropping the rating down to Ok from Very Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment