Friday, October 23, 2015

Senrihanten

Location: Senrihanten
Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price: 3000 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Fried rice, pan fried ramen noodles, beef with black bean sauce
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Yes

Fried rice

Last night my son and I scoured town for a Chinese restaurant I hadn't yet reviewed.  I recalled eating at Senrihanten, across the street from Yokosuka Chuo Station, a long time ago and liking it.  So we headed up there, a straight shot up Blue Street from the base.

Pan fried ramen...thing
It's a smoking restaurant, so be prepared for someone to light up while you're there.  We grabbed the menu and had no trouble picking something from the pictures, but they did try to give us an English menu a bit later.  I didn't have it this time, but I really liked the black sesame rice they make.  Instead my son ordered his usual fried rice, and I tried something that was recommended:  some kind of pan fried ramen noodles.  And just in case that didn't pan out I also ordered an interesting looking beef dish that turned out to be beef with black bean sauce (score!).  The fried rice was nothing interesting, and the ramen dish was equally blah.  The ramen dish was pan fried a bit crispy with an egg batter to hold it together, but the flavor reminded me of something I might have made in college with instant ramen noodles.  The beef with black beans was pretty good, although they did the super soft beef thing that I'm not as fond of.  The black bean flavor was prominent though, which I appreciated.

Beef with black bean sauce

Overall, eh...nothing really good and the price was a bit high, so I'll leave them with an Ok.  There were some "all in one" dishes that were cheaper though, so maybe I'll just stick with those in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment