Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Moti Mahal

Location: Moti Mahal

Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price:  11.000 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:Paneer tikka, creamy lamb curry, roti, rice to go
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Yum.  Moti Mahal is an Indian restaurant on Al Shebab Avenue/American Alley outside the US Navy Base in Bahrain.  It doesn't look like much, but it's got a huge menu and it's very tasty.


I opted for more food than I could eat so I could take it home for breakfast.  Turns out there was enough for lunch too!  I ordered a paneer (cheese cube) tikka dish that was encrusted with crushed crumbs of some kind and accompanied by roasted vegetables.  Then the main dish arrived, a creamy curry with tender lamb, and I was able to eat a little of it with some roti bread.  But I was pretty much done at that point, so I ordered some rice to go and had it all packed up.  The rice portion was huge and I used about a quarter of it with lunch today.  More rice for leftover meals!


Great spot, and were this Japan I would probably rate it Excellent, but I know there are better Indian restaurants here, but possibly not this close to the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment