Monday, May 18, 2015

Bamiyan

Location: Bamiyan

Rating: Not great
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  1000 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Miso ginger pork, small ramen, gyoza
English Menu:No
Smoking:Smoking section available (it leaks into the rest of the restaurant)

Ah Bamiyan...the things I am eating for the sake of this blog...   Bamiyan is everywhere in Japan.  It's like a fast-food version of Japanese Chinese food.  We ate at Bamiyan early on when we go there, and have never been back since.  It was quite awful and that stuck in our memories.  Bamiyan is just across the street from Daie Mall and since I've never eaten at this particular one, and because it should have a review, I decided to head over there today for lunch.


One thing Bamiyan has going for it is cheapness.  For 1000 yen I had quite a lot of food, and it wasn't too bad this time.  I've learned that I usually like miso ginger pork (800 yen), no matter what the place is like, and I tacked on a half bowl of ramen and 3 gyoza for an extra 200 yen, which is quite a good deal.  When I was in college, Taco Bell's six pack of soft tacos was a feast for a few bucks.  It's probably something like that.  Still, it was pretty greasy and the most prominent flavor was salt.


 Anyway, my slightly better than the last experience this time has lifted it up in my mind to a Not Great rating.  But there are lots of other slightly better Chinese restaurants all over the place that I would probably prefer to eat at if I had a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment