Saturday, July 25, 2015

Yokosuka Gelato Factory

Location: Yokosuka Gelato Factory


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Pre-lunch dessert/post dentist visit reward
Price:  320 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes:  Pumpkin Gelato
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:No

Today's flavors
I don't review a lot of dessert places, but this place is pretty unique and awesome.  The Yokosuka Gelato Factory resides inside of the Port Market which is located really close to Mikasa Park and the ferry to Sarushima.  They make the gelato on premise, and they use really fresh ingredients, so when you try Tomato Salt Gelato, they probably used extras from the market to make that.

Sizes


I had just finished my dentist cleaning/checkup and it was bit early for lunch, so I walked down to the Port Market in the heat, thinking I might find a restaurant there to review (I didn't, but this makes up for it).  As I was leaving I thought to myself that it was hot as blazes out there and maybe some gelato would be just the thing.  Looking at the options I saw kabocha (japanese pumpkin) flavor and the deal was sealed.

Yum...


It was incredible!  So smooth and full tasting, kind of like a sweet potatoe/kabocha combo thing, but still a little sweet and creamy.  I highly recommend checking this place out if you happen to be at Port Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment