Sunday, July 19, 2015

Butao

Location: Butao


Rating: Not great
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  880 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Pork rice bowl with an egg
English Menu:No
Smoking:No



Butao is one of several restaurants in the food court at Lalaport mall.  I was helping out with setup/teardown at church today, so I didn't get to lunch until 12:30 or so.  By that time, every single restaurant with a table had a line half way down the hall way.  So I decided to see what I could find at the food court.  There also, it was hard to find a spot to sit.  I settled on Butao, as I have a fondness for butadon (pork on rice) from our time in no-where Hokkaido.  This place was not trying to duplicate the same dish, but it seemed simple enough, and I was hongry.











The dishes are all pretty much the same and decent in price.  I ordered the pork bowl with an egg on top (can't go wrong there).  It came with a bowl of miso soup.  Overall, it wasn't terrible, but the main drawback is the environment.  It's a food court, and at noon on a sunday, it's insane!  There are soooo many people and it's just deafening in there.  Definitely a place to eat and go.  So while I might give it an OK if it was nice and quiet, it's getting a Not Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment