Thursday, May 3, 2018

Soraya Kitchen

Location: Soraya Kitchen


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 4310 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:  Yakitori, boiled dumplings, sake, hiball
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:Yes


Soraya Kitchen is a yakitori restaurant located in the "Honch" area near where I live.  Basically in the middle of a bunch of nasty bars.  But it has a slightly nicer look to it and is definitely an izakaya, not a nasty bar.  I live nearby and have walked by it for years but never tried it yet.  I was feeling like yakitori so decided to give it a shot on Wednesday night.

Sake and edamame
I was the only person there for most of the time, and there is only one guy behind the counter.  He was...not very friendly, but not outright rude.  I guess.  I tried ordering about 3 different things that he didn't have.  Finally I got a bit frustrated and just ordered two yakitori "chef's choice" sets (10 total sticks) and boiled dumplings.  I also had a couple of drinks, so you can subtract about 1500 yen off the total up there for the real food price.

First set of yakitori

The yakitori was just ok, not amazing.  The dumplings were tasty, but nothing special also.  It was pretty expensive too.  So...giving this place an Ok. 

Second set, more veggies wrapped in bacon

Boiled dumplings

No comments:

Post a Comment