Monday, May 7, 2018

Shunshun no Sato

Location: Shunshun no Sato


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 1800 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Maguro don, maguro sashimi teishoku
English Menu: No (vending machine)
Smoking: No


Shunshun no Sato is the reopening of Tekka Tuna Koukeimaru, a dedicated tuna restaurant featuring tuna caught by a local fishing group.  That restaurant closed quite a while ago, sadly, and I was worried it was all over.  But the other day I walked by and saw a whiteboard indicating something would be happening over Golden Week, so my wife and I stopped by to check it out on Sunday.


The remodel is very nice, with a much larger, more open feeling.  They now have a ticket vending machine, and a vastly simplified menu.  Basically, there are two types of tuna, and two types of dishes, fish on rice in a bowl (don) or fish by itself with rice and soup sides (teishoku).  I chose the latter so I could have it without rice, and my wife had the don.  We picked the more expensive tuna choice, because even so, it was pretty cheap.


The food wasn't long in coming, and mmmboy...sometimes you just want some raw tuna meat, y'know?  I do miss the fatty tuna options they used to have, but still, this is pretty good.  I also miss the former proprietor who was quite chatty and fun.  Ah well...hopefully he's still doing well for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment