Monday, May 14, 2018

Moses Kebab

Location: Moses Kebab


Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 750 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:  Coffee, shawarma cup
English Menu: No
Smoking: Yes


I was in Tokyo this weekend doing various things and one of those involved meeting some friends near Akihabara station.  Prior to this I needed to grab lunch, so I was looking forward to eating at one of the better shawarma stands I've tried in Japan located right in the middle of the Akihabara electronics/anime/maid cafe area.  Unfortunately, it had been replaced by a less appetizing version of a shawarma stand (one lacking lamb kebab), and it was closed at the rather early hour I showed up.  So I walked back to a shawarma spot I had seen nearer the station.

Shawarma cup

It was pretty early and I wasn't ready to eat yet, so I asked if I could just order a coffee and sit down in their upstairs seating area until about 10am which was the earliest I could envision eating lunch.  They obliged, despite the fact that they didn't have coffee on the menu, and I was able to sit quietly by myself, listening to a podcast, charging my iphone, and enjoying the air conditioning.  Eventually I got hungry enough and ordered a shawarma cup, basically meat with some shredded cabbage, tomato and sauce.  It was really quite good, though the taste is still not what I crave when I think of shawarma in the middle east.  It just lacks the spices.  The tomatoes were really delicious and ripe.

Moses runs the place and he's quite fun to talk to.  I would possibly stop by here again some day if I'm looking for a low carb, pleasant spot to cool down, especially in the summer.  Prices are good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment