Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Lotus

Location: The Lotus

Rating: Very good
Meal:  Breakfast
Price:  Free breakfast
Payment: n/a
Dishes: Breakfast buffet, mostly just the arabic items
English Menu: n/a
Smoking: No (but there is a separate bar area you can go to smoke)

Arabic breakfast section
There are several restaurants in the Elite Crystal Hotel which is where I'm staying this time in Bahrain.  The main hotel restaurant is called The Lotus and they serve the morning breakfast buffet and all room service requests.  The room service menu is quite extensive, making it difficult to categorize the cuisine.  I went for International.  Of course, it's open 24 hours.

Breakfast is served!
The breakfast buffet is quite good I have to say, mainly because it includes the arabic breakfast options such as pickles, olives, labneh, feta, and foul.  They have other stuff too, but for the most part I was just grateful for the tasty arabic dishes.  There was a "labneh" pastry that was quite tasty too.  One could definitely do worse and it's nice to have such a good light breakfast option for free (this time).

I'm looking forward to trying out the other restaurants too, but I'll save some of them as I'm sure my wife will also want to try them when she gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment