Thursday, November 19, 2015

Shanghaitei

Location: Shanghaitei


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price: 2350 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes:Fried rice, crab fu omelet on rice, fried gyoza, boiled gyoza
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes
Not good
And another one down...Shanghaitei is on the street that parallels Blue street, the one that runs right into Womble gate.  It's a smaller, very clean Japanese Chinese restaurant.  The usual suspects are all present, but it's not as dirty feeling as some, so if that's your thing...





Pretty good
Surprisingly they did have an English menu, but the menu is also well displayed on the walls for your katakana/kanji practice if you wish.  I do recommend the gyoza, both fried and boiled.  My son's fried rice was pretty good actually (he always wonders why I bother with anything else), but my dish was some kind of crab omelet that turned out to be smothered in an orangish sweet sauce that totally ruined it.  I couldn't finish it.


Yum
 I've eaten here before and enjoyed it, so I'm keeping the rating at an Ok, despite my dish last night being more of a Nasty.

Delish

No comments:

Post a Comment