Thursday, November 5, 2015

Etsuoudai

Location: Etsuoudai

2/5/2017 - Update - Etsuoudai has been closed for who knows how long and is now a take-out Pizza Hut.

***

Rating: Not great
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 780 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Stir fried pork with garlic stems set
English Menu: Yes (but written only)
Smoking: Yes



Kind of a let down from yesterday's luxury, but I had the bike today and felt I should ride out a bit farther than one can walk for lunch time to find something new to review.  Actually the weather is great for bikes right now, so I might be doing that more often in the coming months.



Etsuoudai is a little Japanese Chinese restaurant located along Road 16 going left from Womble gate.  I was hopeful as I was seated at a table that had a sign saying "No smoking here" that it would be smoke-free, but that just meant exactly what it said.  No smoking at that particular table.  Just across the way there were several other tables where apparently it's fine to light up, and nothing prevents said smoke from traveling everywhere in the room.  Pretty typical for Chinese restaurants actually.

They have the usual array of ramen (chinese style) or teishokus to choose from.  I picked one off the daily specials menu based on the kanji for Pork.  It turned out to be thin pork stir fried with what may have been potato sticks and garlic stems.  It was stunningly flavorless.  I added heaps of soy sauce and hot chili oil to try to remedy the situation to no avail.  The corn soup had more flavor.  The chinese pickles were good though.  I ate my fuel, paid and left as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment