Sunday, November 8, 2015

Belle Neige

Location: Belle Neige

Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 1100 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Cabbage meat roll set
English Menu: No
Smoking:No



A funny little spot, I thought this would be a snooty French restaurant, but turns out it's more of a mom and pop Japanese French cafe/bistro.  Nice enough if you know what you are in for.  I picked lunch set #3, a cabbage meat roll set that came with a humongous salad (more salad than I've ever had with a Japanese set meal, it was great!), small plate of rice, and pudding and coffee for dessert.



The cabbage meat roll itself was pretty good, once I added some salt and pepper from the fresh grinders available.  The sauce it was in wasn't as good, reminding me of diluted Campbell's tomato soup from a can.  But the meal grew on me as I ate it, being quite satisfying and plenty of food (especially considering this was my second lunch meal of the day).



If this had been under 1000 yen I might have been tempted to give this place a Very Good, but as it was the food's quality didn't really justify the price in my opinion.  Still it's a pretty high Ok rating from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment