Friday, June 22, 2018

Ryoubi

Location: Ryoubi


Rating: Not great
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 10,200 yen (!)
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Meats, soup, some drinks
English Menu: No
Smoking: Not sure



My son and I went looking for a new spot to eat in Yokosuka.  Had to walk around for quite some time.  Ryoubi is a yakiniku restaurant that replaced something called "Daddy's Kitchen" that I had never gotten around to reviewing.  We decided to try it.



The people were friendly enough, though the menu is all in Japanese.  I ordered for us mostly.  Got some beef dishes, some pork, two soups.  I had a couple of drinks, he had a coke.  I think I ordered a couple more meat dishes later.  It was all pretty normal for yakiniku, nothing special.



We went up to pay and I expected something like 40 or 50 thousand yen.  Instead it was 10,200!  I was a bit taken aback, and there was no itemized bill.  Not wanting to make a stink I paid, but I think I may have had my one and only (so far) instance of being taken advantage of.  I'm not 100% sure, but as I think back on what we ordered it's really hard for me to believe it added up to $90+.  Oh well, definitely drops this place from an Ok to a Not Great rating in my mind at least.






No comments:

Post a Comment