Sunday, June 10, 2018

Ichibal

Location: Ichibal


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  1080 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted (probably...I paid cash)
Dishes: Chicken steak teishoku
English Menu: No (didn't ask)
Smoking: No (don't think so)


Yet another restaurant has opened in this spot.  I believe this is the third since I moved to town.  The previous one was called Yakitori Standard and I quite liked it.  Never got to back though.  The new spot is called Ichibal, and it is also an izakaya style place, but also a bit more modern in feel compared to the millions of chain izakayas all over the place.


They menu seems to have lots of different meat dishes, with a smattering of sushi/sashimi as well.  The lunch menu is quite affordable and comes with set meals (teishoku) that izakayas typically don't have.  The evening menu is possibly different.  I opted for a chicken steak teishoku, and was given a choice of sides.  I picked the intestine soup (yum!).

The food was decent, especially at the price, but not terribly remarkable.  Perhaps if I ever get back and try some other items I'll change the rating later.

No comments:

Post a Comment