Thursday, February 23, 2017

Starbucks

Location: Starbucks
Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price:  1803 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Sage pork sandwich, quiche, chocolate scone, short decaf mocha
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No

<more pics coming later, they didn't upload for some reason>

I just realized today that I had omitted a Daiei/Aeon mall restaurant from my reviews!  Starbucks is such a fixture I don't even really see it anymore.  My wife eats at the one on base all the time but I never do.  So today I rectified that and determined to have lunch there.

They do have lots of tasty looking things in their display case.  I opted for the "sage pork" sandwich, a piece of quiche and a chocolate scone (okay, I have had that last one before).  To top it off I splurged for a decaf short mocha, as decaf espresso is a recent innovation here.  Used to be you could only get decaf drip coffee in Japan.

They warmed everything up for me and I took it upstairs to eat while looking out over the Yokosuka harbor.  Nice view on a blustery day.

The sandwich was odd, consisting of pork bits, green beans and potatoes.  However, it tasted quite good and I have to say the bread was some of the best I've had in Japan.  Chewy, but not too chewy.  The quiche was ok, but not awesome, and the scone was as usual excellent.

Overall I'd say this is the best "coffee shop" food I've had so far.  Not a bad one to keep in the rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment