Saturday, February 11, 2017

106 Cafe

Location: 106 Cafe



Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1100 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Gapao rice (thai dish)
English Menu: No
Smoking:  No



I went walking quite a ways on this Saturday to find a new spot to eat for lunch.  Many places were closed for some reason, but eventually I came across this unassuming little bar/restaurant.  They only serve food during lunch, and it's quite pleasant and trendy inside.  The menu is quite eclectic and I ended up picking a thai gapao rice dish which they made from scratch in front of me.  The lady asked me how I liked my egg, soft or hard, which I very much appreciated (soft of course!).

Tasty soup

The dish itself looked very appetizing and I didn't not like it, but it wasn't popping with flavor or spice, despite adding more "spicy" oil to it.  Also they used a lot of celery, unusual for Japanese restaurants, which is my least favorite vegetable (I despise it).  I was able to eat around it and it didn't spoil the entire meal.  The little soup was quite delicious.

Pretty food, but lacking in flavor

I actually want to come back and show the place to my wife because I think she will like it, but the flavors of the meal just weren't very strong, so I'm giving it an Ok rating for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment