Thursday, February 23, 2017

Chouten

Location: Chouten


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 1380 yen
Payment: Cash
Dishes: Yakitori - chicken, chicken skin, chicken heart, negi chicken, pork with miso
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:  Yes


Last night was new restaurant night so I made my way to some izakayas that I hadn't eaten at before and picked one at random.  Well not entirely at random, I've been wanting to try this place forever since its name translates roughly to "chicken heaven" (or at least, I like to think it does).

negi chicken

Turns out it was a yakitori restaurant and it was hopping with lots of customers when I arrived.  I found the last spot at the counter seating and was given a nicely laid out, easy to read English menu.  I ordered a few yakitori sticks (prices seem quite good actually) and settled in to wait for them to arrive.

chicken hearts

The yakitori was just ok, not amazing or anything.  But not bad for the price.  I'm giving this place an Ok.

chicken skin

miso pork

No comments:

Post a Comment