Saturday, June 6, 2015

Geodana

Location: Geodana


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner (plus some takeout)
Price:  2800 yen
Payment:  Credit cards accepted (7% charge)
Dishes:  Bowl of avocado, pesto spaghetti with beef, 4 empanada
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:No



I was on my own for dinner tonight so I figured a trip to one of the more expensive options nearby was in order.  At least it wouldn't be expensive for 3!  Oddly, we have a few Latin American restaurants in town.  One of them is Geodana, sandwiched between an Indian and Thai restaurants about a stone's throw from where we live.  I have little to no experience with real Latin American food, so I can't vouch for the authenticity, but in the few times we've eaten there we have enjoyed the change of pace.

Actually, I should say that *I* have not done very well for myself and seem to choose dishes that aren't that great.  My wife and son however seem to do a better job.  Today was no exception.  I ordered a pesto spaghetti dish with "beef" (read:  hunk 'o meat), and a bowl of avocado.  That last is really awesome, I think all restaurants should offer a bowl of avocado on their menu.  I also ordered some chicken empanada to go as a peace offering to the rest of the family when they find out I went without them.





Avocado is the best
Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with my dish this time.  It seemed to take an awfully long time to cook, but there really is only one guy in the kitchen and there were lots of guests.  The spaghetti was a bit overcooked, and nothing had much taste to it.  Adding some salt to everything helped, but that's not something I like to do.  The avocado helped too.  The beef was the worst, a thinnish piece of overcooked shoe-leather.  Quite unimpressive.  However, I saw another guest order a dish that it looked like I would have loved...so once again I failed.  I need to just roll some dice to pick a dish in the future.


Shoe-leather, meet mouth
I just ate one of the empanada that I brought home and it was quite good.  The crust is fried golden brown and delicious.  The inside is ok, again, I wish for more spices.  You know...I was going to rate this place "Very Good" but now that I have written the review, I see it's really just an Ok.  And I haven't even mentioned that everything is overpriced!  (It really is)







A little greasy, but corn crunchy
Oh...they do have an avocado shake that is to die for.  If you go, do try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment