Thursday, May 30, 2019

Happy Sarah California

Location: Happy Sarah California


Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price: 2.200 BHD
Dishes:  Carne asada soft taco with side of guacamole
Payment: Forgot to ask
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No (I don't think so)


Tonight I stopped at the Mexican/Filipino restaurant with the odd name of "Happy Sarah California".  It's run by Filipinos, but I was interested in the Mexican food.  It's a bit further down Shebab Avenue than most venture, but I like the places this far down as they are much less pretentious.


I opted for the carne asada soft taco and a side of guac.  The salsa that came with it was not very good, but the taco itself was a hand-made corn tortilla and the asada with pico de gallo was quite tasty and larger than I expected.  I have to say I was surprised.  For the Middle East, not a bad taco at all.

I wouldn't mind coming back to sample the pinoy cuisine another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment