Saturday, May 25, 2019

Extrovert Cafe

Location: Extrovert Cafe


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner
Price: 5.5 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Buffet
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes (shisha mainly)


It's been a long time!  I've been eating carnivore for the past several months, so my eating out has been limited.  I'm in Bahrain again for work for the next two weeks, so at last I can start reviewing restaurants again.

Unfortunately, it's Ramadan, which means my options are quite limited.  There's plenty of food after 6:30pm, but most everyone is running an Iftar buffet, and I'm not exactly a night owl.  Lunches will probably be quite dull, or if I'm lucky, leftovers.

I got in yesterday in the morning and we got to our hotel by late morning.  We ended up eating at the only restaurant in the hotel that is still open at that time, the "main" one where people who get free meals eat.  It's partitioned off with screens so we don't bother those keeping the fast.  Apparently the only restaurants allowed to be open during the day are like these that are sequestered within hotels.  Let's just say it wasn't really worth reviewing.

I'm staying at the Gulf Hotel, which has an insane amount of restaurants here normally.  I've actually reviewed the Italian place once before.  Many of these are simply shut down all month, and the rest only open in the evening for Iftar.

I managed to stay up until the evening, and since I knew of a decent shisha spot nearby, I figured I'd eat dinner there at Iftar as well.  I found the Extrovert cafe the last time I was here, while hunting for different shisha spots.  I guess I never ate there though, as there is no review up.  It was another buffet of course, but not a bad price at 5.5 BD.  We were allowed to start loading plates up around 6pm, but had to wait for the official announcement to start eating at 6:24pm (it changes slightly each day).

The food was just ok, nothing spectacular, as I usually find is the case with most buffets.  I've never really been as fond of them.  I may end up back here again to smoke shisha, but probably won't partake of the buffet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment