Sunday, May 26, 2019

Elysee Restaurant

Location: Elysee


Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner for 2
Price: 13.800 BHD
Dishes:  Iftar buffet, shisha x 2
Payment: Not sure if credit cards are taken, but probably
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes


Another evening in Bahrain during Ramadan, another iftar buffet.  I spotted Elysee on my way to the Extovert cafe the other night and noted the shisha pipes.  I went back with my friend last night and we had their iftar buffet, which was much better than Extrovert's.


Of note were these interesting fried triangles, which turned out to have a fried egg inside, perfect breakfast food, though I've never seen it anywhere for breakfast before.

There was a spicy baba ganoush as well that was noteworthy.  They were bringing out thick fresh baked bread that I wish I could have partaken of, but I'd already eaten kibbeh and some other carbs so I passed.

Definitely a cut above, I'd love to try this place's regular menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment