Thursday, May 30, 2019

Azal Pottery House

Location: Azal Pottery House


Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price: 6.400 BHD
Dishes:  Lamb dish, chapati (and we were served an extra free dessert)
Payment: Credit cards accepted
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Finally got to a new restaurant on Shabab Avenue (aka "American alley") the other night.  I was told this is a new Yemeni restaurant and having not had Yemeni cuisine before I had to try it.  It's set up more like a fast food restaurant where you order and pay first.  There are numerous items on the menu, most of which come with bread and rice.

Lamb and rice

I opted for the lamb dish, which looked delicious.  I also wanted to try their version of chapati.  The lamb dish was quite tasty, though full by small bone shards, so careful eating.  The broth was great too.  They brought a dish of rice though I said I didn't want any, which was good too, though I only ate a bite.  It comes with bread as well if you want, but I got the chapati to try it.  It was not the best chapati I've had, being a bit dry, but good for sopping up the broth.  It also came with some kind of spicy sauce that tasted like nothing but salsa verde, and a good one at that!

Dessert dish

As a bonus, they brought out a dessert dish for us, which was some kind of possibly bread or rice porridge, with a distinct banana flavor, sweetened with syrup and cheese on top.  I had a bite, it was ok, but not my preferred type of dessert (I like chocolate).  Very generous of them though.

Quite tasty and I'd definitely try it again if I lived here.

No comments:

Post a Comment