Sunday, May 26, 2019

Al Waha

Location: Al Waha


Rating: OK
Meal:  Lunch
Price: 11.000 BHD
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Mixed grill
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



Al Waha is the name of the "common" restaurant in the Gulf Hotel.  It's one of the two places open during the day in Ramadan, and the only place open for breakfast.  I've had a couple of breakfasts which consist of only the buffet, which is insanely expensive.



I went there to try the lunch option today and was pleased to see I could opt for something from the menu.  I chose the mixed grill.  It was fairly spendy and not a ton of meat, but it was better than the things I was seeing on the buffet.

Despite having a discount (I found out about yesterday), the price came to a higher than expected 11 BHD, again, probably because I ordered water and was brought a precious glass bottle of unicorn tears.  Oh, and some extra olive oil and yoghurt...that probably pushed it up there.

I've figured out that I should buy something at a grocery store from the deli section to have for breakfast (cold...not microwaves for guests unless you have a fancy suite).  For a 5 star hotel, this place kinda sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment