Thursday, December 3, 2015

Y's Lunch

Location: Y's Lunch

Rating: Not great
Meal: Lunch
Price: 900 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Spaghetti with scallop flavored sauce
English Menu: No
Smoking: No



Y's Lunch is tucked around a corner/back alley near the Tully's coffee on Blue Street.  It caught my eye as I walked past and I realized I'd never eaten there.  It was quite small, but very bustling, so much so that I could only sit at the rather small counter and awkwardly look at the lady preparing everyone's drinks for my entire meal.


The lunch sets are under 1000 yen, but still in the 900 range, for which I'd expect a full teishoku.  However there were only 2 choices (hamburg or pasta) and come with either salad or a baguette.  Strange...for that price I would think they could afford to give us salad and bread...but oh well.  I got the pasta as they said it had some hotate (something about "small" was said too).  When it turned up it was a fairly simple dish of spaghetti noodles with a scallop (hotate) infused sauce.  Probably made from the dried hotate you can get from Hokkaido.  It tasted...meh.  And the salad was tiny.

Overall, pretty unimpressive.  Had they served a full teishoku, or larger portions, I might have given them an Ok, but as it was it seemed overpriced for what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment