Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Dining Oshima

Location: Dining Oshima

Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1800 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Steak set
English Menu: No


As I near the end of anything in the Shioiri and Yokosuka Station areas, I found a little French restaurant called Dining Oshima.  You never know with these places...it might be a surprise like Hananoya, or a disappointment, like that other place I can't recall anymore.  Dining Oshima is about in the middle, with potential for greatness.



They had several specials on the lunch menu, but none really called out to me.  I decided to go for the steak set, which was a bit more then I like to spend on lunch at 1800 yen.  There was a more expensive lunch course for 2500 yen but I wasn't feeling that rich.



The salad was unimpressive, so was the soup.  But the steak itself was pretty good, if small, and the little bit of cheesy potato on the side was quite tasty.  The dessert was a surprisingly good concoction that I'd never had before.  The coffee wasn't all that great.

There were little hints of great flavor in the meal that would make me almost want to rate this place a Very Good, but not enough given the price of the lunch.  I guess expected something much more impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment