Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bengal

Location: Bengal

Rating: Nasty
Meal:  Lunch
Price:  850 yen
Payment:  Cash only
Dishes: Dry curry with cheese
English Menu:Yes
Smoking: No (I don't believe so)


First of all, do not make the mistake of thinking this is an actual Indian restaurant.  It is most definitely not.  It is a "japanese" curry restaurant and that will go far towards mitigating your inevitable disappointment.  Unfortunately, it is possibly the worst "japanese curry" restaurant I have ever eaten at.  Having eaten there in the past, I was dreading the inevitable review I would have to do as I work my way through (virtually) every restaurant in Yokosuka.  Today was that day.

Turns out things haven't changed much.  I thought I'd try something I usually like:  dry curry.  This is usually just a less saucy curry made with ground meat.  It's close to keema (though still Japanified).  I saw an option to add cheese and since I knew what I was in for I thought that couldn't hurt.


My tiny dish of rice and dry curry arrived, with processed cheese cubes on top.  You can see them put the meals together at the bar (all seating is bar seating) and it's very reminiscent of the fast food approach.  The curry was very sweet, with raisins in I believe, and a couple of slices of canned pineapple to boot.  Gross.

Well, good thing I never have to go back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment