Sunday, December 6, 2015

Benitora

Location: Benitora


Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1400 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Deluxe dan-dan ramen
English Menu: Yes



Benitora is a Chinese restaurant in the upper floors of More's City in Yokosuka.  I had eaten there once before a long time ago and remember liking it.  Today I decided to review it.



There was a lot of great looking stuff on the menu, but for some reason the deluxe dan-dan (spicy with ground meat) ramen looked most appetizing.  I ordered it in "black" (what exactly I'm not sure, perhaps the color of the sesame seeds, or maybe the miso).  Dan-dan (or tan-tan) noodles are a common item in Japanese Chinese restaurants.  Many are very forgettable.

This one was quite good, overflowing with pork in addition to the usual ground meat.  The spiciness was definitely there, though not overwhelming.  They did have an especially spicy version on the menu that I wasn't ready for yet.

Overall I was quite pleased and look forward to returning 

No comments:

Post a Comment