Thursday, December 7, 2017

Wan Din Ki

Location: Wan Din Ki

Rating: Not great
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1058 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Fried rice
English Menu: No
Smoking: No


My wife and I were in Karuizawa this weekend for a church retreat.  Most of the time we spent eating in our cabins with friends, but on the way out we all stopped at the outlet mall to get some lunch.  The mall is outdoors and sprawling.  We eventually found the food court and split up to get our various dishes.  Not wanting to be a total weirdo, I just reviewed my own meal.


I chose a Chinese restaurant that specialized in fried rice dishes.  I picked one that looked good and waited for my buzzer to go off.  There was a tasty hot oil chilly sauce available that I added liberally.  When I finally tucked into it, I was disappointed to find the rice kernels were hard, almost as if they weren't cooked all the way through.  The overall taste of the dish was very chemical.  Not good at all.

Two other people chose the same place, and we all had the same impression...steer clear of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment