Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Singapore Seafood Republic

Location: Singapore Seafood Republic
Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price:  2220 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes:Coconut shrimp curry, spicy morning glory, rice
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Probably a smoking section somewhere


Singapore Seafood Republic is a very large restaurant located across the street from the enormous Shingawa train station.  I happened to be in the area last Sunday for lunch and stopped in.

free "salad"

I'm not a huge Singaporean food expert, but I have been there and I mostly recall enjoying all the food that came to Singapore from other countries.  They have all the usual "local" dishes like pepper crab and chicken rice.  Everything seemed pretty spendy to me, but I guess that makes sense as there aren't many Singaporean restaurants in town.

Curry on the left, morning glory on the right

I opted for a shrimp coconut curry and spicy morning glory.  The shrimp curry tasted ok, but the flavor didn't really pop.  The flavor of the morning glory was much better, but the vegetables themselves were very tough and took quite a lot of chewing to get down.  On the whole it averaged out to a pretty low Very Good rating and I did consider dropping it, but given the large menu and the enjoyable atmosphere, I was fine leaving it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment