Thursday, November 2, 2017

Diner

Location: Diner

Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price:  2160 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Pork steak, deep fried pork "mille-feuille" (I have no idea how to pronounce that), Sapporo beer
English Menu: Yes
Smoking:Yes


Wednesday night eating out, I walked down to the street that has the most untried restaurants and found another:  Diner.  Not very descriptive, but this izakaya is quite welcoming, with an English menu, staff that speaks pretty decent English, and very upbeat feeling.   The menu is quite interesting, with lots of different options.

Pork steak with amazing sauces

I went with a pork steak and something that looked like layered thin meat deepfried in a golden crust.  The pork steak came with 3 sauces:  wasabi, ginger and miso.  I was blown away by the flavor in those sauces, and I swear the wasabi was fresh as I haven't tasted that flavor since I visited a wasabi farm near Nagano.  The mille-fuille was as delicious as its picture looked, and with some leftover of the 3 sauces plus a tonkatsu style sauce, they went down real easy.

Pork mille-fuille

I have to say the overall experience and quality of the food was quite a surprise, and it's nice to have a place like this to come back to and try more of their items someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment