Monday, November 13, 2017

La Cuisine de Kazu

Location: La Cuisine de Kazu

Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price:  2450 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Lunch course including chicken pate and Japanese beef with red wine sauce
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



Last Saturday I found myself near Chiba city way just about directly due north from Yokosuka, but across Tokyo Bay.  I was waiting for a meeting to start and it was lunch time, so I wandered about a strangely western feeling grid of apartment blocks, looking for a spot for lunch.  I saw this French restaurant and decided to give it a shot.

Chicken pate with bread

For lunch there were two courses available, and I chose the cheaper one.  I had to pick an appetizer and an entree, which ended up being chicken pate and Japanese beef cooked in red wine sauce.  I was given a hunk of bread with the pate which came on a bed of lettuce.  It was delicious.  Next came the soup of the day which was onion, also delicious.  Then the main dish, which was also...you guessed it...delicious.  Lastly the dessert, which was a slice of cheese cake with some ice cream, again very good.  It was finished off with a cup of coffee that was...terrible.  Seriously...it was like battery acid.  Not sure how they could get everything else so right, and that so wrong.  Anyway, it was the one fly in the ointment, otherwise I might have been tempted to give them an Excellent.

Onion soup

Anyway, very pleasant place, with really good food.  Due to the distance I may never eat there again, but still nice to know places like this are out there in even the most unexpected locations.

Japanese beef in red wine sauce
Cheesecake with ice cream

The world's worst coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment