Thursday, March 9, 2017

Miyabi

Location: Miyabi


Rating: Very good
Meal: Dinner
Price:  5160 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Tempura young garlic, avocado garlic pizza, garlic pilaf, 6 piece yakitori sampler, sake, shochu
English Menu: No
Smoking: Yes



Miyabi's sign is in Japanese with this in English:  Garlic and Sumibiyaki.  Garlic is self-explanatory and I believe sumibiyaki means charcoal grill, which usually translates to yakitori.  Sounded good, so I stopped in for dinner last night.

Sake and otoshi

I ordered some sake and several items off of the garlic menu (which is all in Japanese) and later tacked on some shochu and a sampler plate of yakitori since I guess I should also try something from the other half of the menu.

Young garlic tempura

The sake and shochu were both very good, as was the interesting young garlic tempura.  The avocado pizza was a big disappointment being some avocado on melted processed cheese on a very thin, small crust that seemed suspiciously similar to a bad tortilla shell.  The yakitori also wasn't the best I've had.  But the rice pilaf dish was quite good, with large chunks of fresh garlic mixed in as well as flakes of dried garlic on top.

Avocado garlic pizza

Overall I think it's a low Very Good and I would like to bring my wife back here some time.

Garlic pilaf
Yakitori six piece sampler

No comments:

Post a Comment