Saturday, March 18, 2017

Dublin Dock's Tavern

Location: Dublin Dock's Tavern


Rating: Not great
Meal: Dinner
Price: 1000 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: 5 piece fish and chips
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Yes



I generally stay away from the bars on "the honch" (what they call Dobuita street and environs) as they aren't exactly there for the food.  Dublin Dock's Tavern is one of what used to be 3 "Irish pubs" in the area (one of them closed last year).  As I was walking by the other day I saw their menu had fish and chips on it and it had been a really long time since the last time I braved fish and chips outside of the British Commonwealth, so I took a chance on it.   Meh...



The best thing about it is the price, at 1000 yen for a hefty 5 pieces of fish and plenty of chips, it's a good deal.  But the taste wasn't what I was looking for, and I should really stop trying to find it.  Maybe it's all nostalgia but the fish and chips in England and New Zealand are just something else.

Otherwise the place itself is kind of skuzzy with that nasty smoked in smell.  Definitely not a real pub, just a bar with uninteresting beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment