Friday, December 16, 2016

Tori no Su

Location: Tori no Su


Rating: Very good
Meal:  Dinner
Price:  3710 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Pork and chicken yakitori, chicken rice dish, hot sake
English Menu:Yes
Smoking:Yes


Tori no Su is an izakaya located above my favorite liquor store (Hitomoto).  For some reason I had never tried it so I gave it a shot last night.  It's a bit louder and more boisterous than most izakayas I've been to, but it wasn't too bad.  They had an english menu that made ordering easy.

Otoushi and sake

The otoushi (mandatory appetizer) was really tasty with some very salty fish and fish roe combined with blander but tasty re-hydrated tofu.  I had a couple of pork belly on sticks as well as the yakitori combo.  The pork belly was really good and the yakitori mix was more of a hit or miss affair.  Mainly because I'm not super fond of cartilage, but the other stuff was quite good.  Loved the liver.  I also ordered a rice with chicken dish that complemented the other food nicely.  I was definitely full when finished.  Oh, and of course some hot sake to chase away the chill of winter.

Overall a pleasant experience and the food was very good.

Pork belly

Yakitori mix

Chicken rice dish

No comments:

Post a Comment