Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Guu

Location: Guu


Rating: OK
Meal: Dinner
Price: 1570 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Omelet with pork inside, delicious soup of some kind
English Menu: No
Smoking: Yes


Guu is down some stairs and the sign looks a bit fancy, but inside it's very humble.  Looks like its been there a while and an older lady and someone who might be her son were running it.  There was also a kid hanging around too, so probably a family affair.  I was the only customer and they were a bit concerned that I might not speak Japanese but I indicated I could get by.


The menu was a bit difficult to parse, but I ended up pointing at some things that looked good and I was pleased with the result.  The pork omelet thing was smothered with mayonnaise, but that didn't bother me.  The soup dish was amazing, full of bits of (probably) offal, carrots, gobo root, konyaku and the broth was a like the concentrated deliciousness at the bottom of a sukiyaki pot near the end of the meal.  I also got a small bowl of rice to make it a meal.


I needed to eat quick and simple, and it hit the spot.  I was tempted to give them a Very Good, but it wasn't quite in that territory.  Definitely satisfactory though.

No comments:

Post a Comment