Saturday, June 4, 2016

Himal

Location: Himal


Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 1500 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Curry-don, two curry set, free chicken tandoori
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: Probably


The latest Nepali/Indian restaurant to open in Yokosuka is Himal.  I hope they have better success than some of the other new ones that have already closed.  I went with a friend from work to try them out the other day.  I had a cheap (550 yen) chicken curry-don (on rice) with an egg on top.  He had the two curry set with naan.  Verdict:  Meh.  I am interested in the whole fried chicken that's on the menu and will be going back with my family soon.  But I'm pretty sure it won't make a distinctive mark on the scene here.  I could get on my soapbox about flavors and standing out, etc... but no one is listening so I'll just shut up.

Free chicken...always nice
The proprietor was nice enough to give us (unsolicited) a two piece order of tandoori chicken that was tasty enough, but very one dimensional.

Two curry set

Chicken curry-don...it's cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment