Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cafeteria

Location: Cafeteria

Rating: Not great
Meal: Lunch
Price: 1200 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Yokosuka Navy Curry
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No



***  6/14/2020 ***

This place didn't make it through the remodel of the mall and is closed now.

****************

This little upstairs "cafeteria" that is run by the same staff as the sweets shop below (which is quite nice BTW), is a bit of an afterthought.  I never got around to reviewing it during the initial push because it didn't open til 12pm and I go to lunch at 11am.   But I noticed the other day it had started opening at 11:30am, so I decided to give it a try.  I got there a bit early, so I bought a delicious cream filled chocolate eclair from the shop below to spend the time.




Meh...

They do have a small English menu, but their options for actual food are quite sparse, being either Navy Curry or pizza.  Given the prices on the pizzas I think we're talking tiny little things.  So the Navy Curry at 1200 yen was it.

They brought a small glass of milk and a bit of potato salad, and then the curry itself, devoid of vegetables, trace amounts of meat, and a dark, blandish sauce.  The best part was the dried onions on top.  Pretty much a dud of a meal (and tiny portions) for a rather expensive 1200 yen.  I can't really recommend the place, though the view of the ships is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment