Saturday, June 4, 2016

Bill's

Location: Bill's

Rating: Very good
Meal: Breakfast for 3
Price:  8700 yen
Payment: Credit cards accepted
Dishes: Corn Fritters, French toast (?), chicken fat fried rice with vegetables, lots of sides, and 3 drinks (coffees/hot chocolate)
English Menu: Yes
Smoking: No


Corn fritters with bacon

Bill Granger is an Australian celebrity chef who has opened a number of restaurants in Japan for some reason.  I had eaten at Bill's Odaiba before, but wanted to bring Kerri back there, and since we had spent the night in Odaiba, it seemed like the perfect place to eat breakfast on Monday morning.  Of course they are open all day, but for some reason I've had this place pegged as a breakfast joint.  It certainly isn't cheap, but the food is pretty good for the money.  We didn't find any of it amazing, and compared with the only other Excellent breakfast I've reviewed (The Wholesome Table in Manila), it didn't really hold a candle.  Thus I had to give it a Very Good, but it's pretty high up there.

Dessert or breakfast...  Why pick?

My wife got the corn fritters with bacon, my son went for some kind of dessertish looking thing (I was reassured it was actually breakfast of some kind), while I got the chicken fat fried rice with vegetables.  We also ordered a bunch of sides because they all looked so good.  Plus we were concerned it wouldn't be enough food.  And we were glad of the extras I think.  I'm pretty sure mine was the best tasting of the lot, but that's just me...

I think my wife and I both agreed the best thing we ate were the mushrooms.  Anything with mushrooms in it is probably excellent there.

Chicken fat fried rice with tasty vegetables

Extras:  Mushrooms, avocado, bacon,  roasted tomatoes, grilled haloumi cheese



No comments:

Post a Comment