Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Takemen

Location: Takemen

Rating: OK
Meal: Lunch for 2
Price: 1800 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Ramen and tsukemen with toppings
English Menu: No
Smoking: Does not appear to allow smoking



My friend and I finally got to Takemen, an ox-tail broth ramen shop.  It's a bit of a ride from base by bike, but not too bad.  It's very small and opens at 11:30am, there's only one person behind the counter.  So I would recommend getting there early if you don't want to wait too long.


Most ramen broth in this area is made with pork bones, and I like it, but it is always nice to find some thing different.  I happen to love oxtail and oxtail broth, so I was thrilled to hear about this place.  They give you a choice of thick or thin noodles and you can add lots of toppings for about 100 yen each.  I got the ramen, and my friend got the tsukemen.  Both came with a couple slices of beef which was the best part of the dish in my opinion.  It was thin, but super soft and almost pinkish in the middle.


Overall the dish I had was pretty good, but not enough to go up over the Ok mark.  I wanted a bit more body to the broth personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment