Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Kintaro

Location: Kintaro

Rating: Very good
Meal: Lunch
Price:  900 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Shio ramen
English Menu: No
Smoking: No

Top Left: Tsukemen, Top Right: Ramen

Eating at Kintaro today was a fortuitous accident.  I had intended to eat at a different (nearby) ramen shop, but I mistakenly thought Kintaro was the place.  I went today with a friend from work who also has a bike, so we were able to make it there and back inside of an hour easily.


Ramen

Kintaro is a shio (salt) ramen restaurant that has 2 main items on the menu:  Ramen or Tsukemen (dipping noodles).  Again, intended to get the tsukement but accidentally got the ramen, same as my friend, so we didn't get to see each up close.  I added on 100 yen for an egg and 100 yen for menma.  The broth was very clear and not overly salty.  The meat was chicken, one slice of chicken breast, one of thigh.  The noodles looked a bit different so my friend asked about them and turns out they are made of whole wheat, which was an interesting change.  Apparently the tsukemen noodles are thicker and take longer to cook.  There was also a delicious pot of yuzu condiment that gave the whole dish a nice zing.

Overall, this was a very good and different ramen place than I have usually encountered in Yokosuka.  I am very much looking forward to coming back and trying the tsukemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment