Saturday, February 27, 2016

Torinosu

Location: Torinosu


Rating: OK
Meal:  Dinner for 2
Price: 2500 yen
Payment: Cash only
Dishes: Beef salad with fresh spring roll wraps, fried rice, sesame balls, beef rice ball
English Menu:Yes
Smoking: Yes


Another Thursday, another Chinese restaurant.  I realized the other day that I had forgotten about another Chinese restaurant in Yokosuka that my son and I had eaten at previously, but never got reviewed.  This place is a bit hard to find, located down an alley way and then in the depths of a building.  It's kind of a cave back in there, with brick walls...a bit unusual.  It's also not very comfortable, the consisting of little rattan stools.

Raw springrolls and beef salad

They have English translations of everything and pictures, which makes ordering easier than some places.  There were no dinner teishoku so my son ordered his usual fried rice, while I opted for something different on the specials menu...a beef salad with raw spring roll wraps.  The beef was cooked, and at first I wasn't sure I had enough spring roll wraps (just two) but I was able to make big messy burritos out it all.  I wasn't feeling to hungry, so I just got a beef rice ball wrapped in lotus leaf in addition.  My son asked for his favorite dessert, sesame balls, so we got some of those too.  I really liked the beef rice ball, and the sesame balls were quite good as usual.  My son liked his fried rice well enough, but I thought there was an off flavor to it and it was extremely oily.

Overall, it's a nice enough spot, with some interesting dishes.  Still a far cry from what I would consider a great Chinese restaurant though.

Cha han (fried rice)

Sesame balls

Beef rice ball

No comments:

Post a Comment